Azure Database for MySQL server : Article 08
Hello Everyone this is my Eighth Article in Azure Series. If you missed to read my Azure Functions article please click here.
What is Azure Database?
Azure Database for MySQL is a relational database service in the Microsoft cloud based on the MySQL Community Edition.
- Built-in high availability with no additional cost.
- Predictable performance, using inclusive pay-as-you-go pricing.
- Scale as needed within seconds.
- Secured to protect sensitive data at-rest and in-motion.
- Automatic backups and point-in-time-restore for up to 35 days.
- Enterprise-grade security and compliance.
Create MySQL DB in Azure
Step 1: At the search bar search for MySQL server
Step 2: Click add to create server
Step 3: Fill the details below like this and click Review&Create
Step 4: Once you check the summary and click Create
Step 5: After you created click got to resource and will see this window
Step 6: We can test our connection using mySQL workbench, before test connection go to connection security and click add client IP and save it.
Step 7: Fill the details in MySQL workbench using database window in azure portal and test connection and click ok
server name : (mysqldbserver021.mysql.database.azure.com) = host name
server admin login name: SE_2015_021@mysqldbserver021 = username
provide password you already set up while creating data base in azure
This is the end of this article. See you in the next article..!
Next Article: Azure Firewall