Hello Everyone this is my Second Article in Azure Series. If you missed to read my Azure Active Directory article please click here.
What is Azure Key Vault?
Azure Key Vault is a cloud service that provides a secure store for secrets. You can securely store keys, passwords, certificates, and other secrets. Azure key vaults may be created and managed through the Azure portal.
Azure Key Vault helps solve the following problems:
- Secrets Management — Azure Key Vault can be used to Securely store and tightly control access to tokens, passwords, certificates, API keys, and other secrets
- Key Management — Azure Key Vault can also be used as a Key Management solution. Azure Key Vault makes it easy to create and control the encryption keys used to encrypt your data.
- Certificate Management — Azure Key Vault is also a service that lets you easily provision, manage, and deploy public and private Transport Layer Security/Secure Sockets Layer (TLS/SSL) certificates for use with Azure and your internal connected resources.
- Store secrets backed by Hardware Security Modules — The secrets and keys can be protected either by software or FIPS 140–2 Level 2 validated HSMs
Why use Azure Key Vault?
- Centralize application secrets
- Securely store secrets and keys
- Monitor access and use
- Simplified administration of application secrets
- Integrate with other Azure services
For more : Click here
Create Azure Key Vault
Step 1 : Search for key vault in search bar
Step 2 : Click add to create
Step 3 : Click Key in the side navigation menu
Step 4 : click Generate/import
Step 5 : Fill the details and click create
Now you need to create secret to control api
Step 1 : Click on secret on the left navigation menu
Step 2 : Click on Generate/import
Step 3 : Fill the values
This is the end of this article. See you in the next article..!
Next Article: Azure Resource Group